About Christmas and Grass Juice

I'm heartened to know that even in multi-racial Singapore, traditional Christmas carols are not just heard but sung in many a office and home parties.  Whether Christian or not, Christmas has a special meaning for everyone.  But I especially find it more beautiful when songs of our Lord's birth and God's hope to mankind are being sung by all.  Christ came for all.  And somehow in this madness of the modern commercialized Christmas, the significance of the day Jesus was given to this world is still very real.  He came to walk with us, to laugh with us, to cry with us, to be with us. Truly Emmanuel, God with us!


I'm getting ready for a meaty Christmas eve party at home this Saturday. As much as I indulge in meaty delights, I also like enjoy my healthy mix of juices and smoothies.  Since I am pretty adventurous with fruits juice, I have decided to plunge into making grass juice!  I read that wheatgrass is a very healthy ... grass to consume. This humble grass is highly exalted in antioxidants, vitamins and disease fighting capabilities.  Without wanting to feel like a goat munching on grass, I searched for a drinkable chlorophyll juice which I must say, it quite delectable.

Here's my pre-Christmas, get-healthy-before-the-meaty-party, wheatgrass apple honey juice!  By the way, you'll need a juicer for this.  If you don't have one, use a blender and then get a sieve or a filter bag (the kind you use for traditional coffee shop coffee) to drain out the juice.

Ingredients

  • 1 green apple
  • 1 table spoon honey
  • 1 bunch of wheatgrass about 1 inch in diameter
Method
  • Dissolve honey in warm water
  • Cut up apple into small pieces
  • If you don't have a juicer, blender the apple, wheatgrass and honey water together then use a filter bag to drain out the juice.
Enjoy this wonderful yet humble chlorophyll-powered juice and start Christmas healthy!

It's a beautiful emerald green juice!

Cheers to all!

Comments

Popular Posts