Smoothies-a-goody!

I bought a new food processor yesterday that could do more than mince onions to a pulp.  Well, it could make smoothies and had a separate attachment to make fruit juices!  I drink 2 glasses of fruit juice everyday.  NOW, I can down more. Muhahaha!!!  Diary of the Fruit Juice Guzzler ... should start writing a book about it.



Now back to my new toy.  I was looking around for a smoothie recipe and many of these recipes call for yoghurt.  I didn't stock yoghurt in the fridge this week, so I tried my hand making a smoothie with fruits I could find in the kitchen.  It turned out superb!

Ingredients

  • 1 banana
  • 4 strawberries
  • 1 cup of orange juice
  • 6 cubes of ice

Method
  1. Cut the banana into about 5 to 6 smaller pieces.
  2. Add all the ingredients into the food processor and spin for 30s
  3. Serve cold



* A note for readers who enjoy alcoholic smoothies, you can also add Malibu rum which is a coconut flavored rum into the concoction.  


It's my new healthy snack-a-drink (the one without the rum that it).  I'll be trying different combinations of fruits, plus when I next get my hands on some yoghurt, I'll spin a couple of yoghurt smoothies for a taste test too.  Till my next post, happy experimenting!




Comments

Popular Posts